You must apply online for a Student Route visa extension application from inside the UK.
The UKVI are strict about the documents they will accept as evidence. Your documents will need to meet the UKVI requirements or your application can be refused. We recommend you read the information below and prepare your documents, then allow ISAS to check them for you.
We have listed the main types of document that you will need. There may be others, so check the UKVI webpages to ensure you have all of the documents needed to make your application. Please check that you have the following original documents
- Valid online completed student visa application with online visa payments made. You will be able to download your application form and UKVI checklist.
- Proof that you have the amount of money required by UKVI for immigration (see money requirements)
- ATAS, if you need it (find out if you need ATAS)
- CAS number from the University of Birmingham (get a CAS number)
- Academic qualifications that are listed in the CAS
- Translations of any documents that are not in English (see translation requirements)
- Your current passport
- Any other passports or visas that you have used to come to the UK in the past
- Your Biometric Residence Permit (if applicable)
- Your Police Registration Certificate (if applicable)
- TB Certificate (if applicable)
All documents must be originals
Low-risk countries and documents to submit
If you are from a low-risk country you should still collect all the evidence listed above. However, you do not need to submit academic qualifications or financial evidence (except for if you are or have been officially sponsored) with your visa application. Instead, the UKVI can ask for it when it is processing your visa application at a later date. You are advised to keep hold of your academic qualifications and financial evidence even if it is not required to be submitted to UKVI.
If you are asked for this evidence while your application is being processed, you will be given a deadline by which to provide it. If you fail to provide the documents when they are asked for, your visa application will be refused.
If you will attend an appointment with the UKVI, or want ISS to send your application you must provide all the documents.
Which countries are low-risk?
The low risk nationalities are listed on the GOV Student visa webpage.