The Academy of Social Sciences has conferred the award of Fellow on 46 leading social scientists. Out of these, 4 are colleagues from the School of Social Policy, an Honorary staff member from the Health Services Management Centre and an Associate staff member working with TSRC. They are as follows:
- Professor Jeffrey Braithwaite, Professor of Health Systems Research, Australian Institute of Health Innovation, Macquarie University, Australia. Professor Braithwaite is a leading researcher in health care, especially health care quality, promoting the importance of interdisciplinary working. He is also an honorary staff member within the School of Social Policy.
- Professor Mark Exworthy, Professor of Health Policy and Management, University of Birmingham. Professor Exworthy is a leader in the application of health studies research to policy and practice.
- Dr Helen Kara, Director, We Research It Ltd. Dr Kara is an independent social scientist working in social care and health, promoting high quality, inclusive research to central and local government and the third sector. She has a particular interest in creative research methods and research ethics. She, is also a longstanding TSRC Associate Fellow working with them on third sector infrastructure support and capacity building, and questions of impact and evaluation.
- Professor Russell Mannion, Professor of Health Systems, University of Birmingham. Professor Mannion is a world leader in the study of the relationship between health care cultures, service quality and patient safety.
- Professor Jenny Phillimore, Professor of Migration and Superdiversity, University of Birmingham. Professor Phillimore is a leading researcher nationally and in Europe on social policy issues arising from the increased and increasing diversity of British society.
- Professor Martin Powell, Professor of Health and Social Policy, University of Birmingham. Professor Powell is a leading UK social policy academic with a particular focus on policy evaluation.
Many congratulations to them all, as Fellows of the Academy of Social Sciences.