This novel workshop was held on 14 June, 2022, and commenced with two esteemed scholars giving their keynote lecturers. Professor Ajai Gaur (Editor-in-Chief of Journal of World Business) talked about Multinational Corporations (MNCs) and Socially Irresponsible Behaviour, whilst Professor Riikka Sarala (Co-Editor-in-Chief of British Journal of Management) presented Tackling Grand Challenges: New Theoretical Directions and Perspectives.
Professor John Child and Professor Shlomo Tarba acted as the discussants, helping to kick-off a lively and enjoyable discussion amongst workshop attendees.
In the afternoon, there was a "meet the editors" session involving editors from leading business and management journals who shared their insights into publishing in top-ranking journals:
- Professor Ajai Gaur, Editor-in-Chief of Journal of World Business
- Professor Riikka Sarala, Co-Editor-in-Chief of British Journal of Management
- Professor Pervez Ghauri, Consulting Editor of Journal of International Business Studies
- Professor Shlomo Tarba, Associate Editor of Journal of Product Innovation Management
- Professor Xiaohui Liu, Senior Editor of International Business Review
- Professor Stephanie Decker, Editor-in-Chief of Business History
- Professor Vijay Pereira, Associate Editor of Journal of Business Research and Editor-in-Chief of International Studies of Management & Organization
The last session focused on paper development; there were three roundtable discussions led by senior scholars from SIB, including Professor John Bryson, Professor John Child, Professor Chengang Wang, Professor Stephanie Decker, Professor Xiaohui Liu, and Professor Shlomo Tarba. Authors from each paper received feedback in terms of writing and positioning their papers. The paper development session was particularly helpful to doctoral students and early career researchers.