Before continuing with your application please read the following guidance carefully.
Your application is specifically designed for the programme you have applied for via course finder. It is sensitive to the answers you provide as you proceed through the application.
It is your responsibility to ensure that the information you provide is accurate and complete, and does not contain false or misleading information. It is also your responsibility to provide additional information when requested to do so. The University will check your academic history, qualifications, references, personal statements, research proposals, and anything else provided as part of your application for accuracy.
The following programmes are subject to a £50 non-refundable application fee:
Application fee programmes
|PGT programmes in:
College of Mechanical Engineering
- Advanced Mechanical Engineering (full time MSc)
|School of Biosciences
- Molecular Biotechnology (full time MSc)
|Institute of Cancer and Genomic Sciences
- Clinical Oncology (full time only - MSc and PGDip)
|Institute of Applied Health Sciences
- MPH: Masters in Public Health (full time)
- Human Resource Management (full time MSc)
- Human Resource Management - 24 months
- Human Resource Management with CIPD Pathways
- Money; Banking and Finance (full time MSc)
- Money; Banking and Finance with Integrated Pre-Masters
- International Money and Banking (full time MSc)
- International Money and Banking with Integrated Pre-Masters
- International Accounting and Finance (full time MSc)
- International Accounting and Finance (pathways 2 and 3)
- Financial Management (full time MSc)
- Financial Econcomics (full time MSc)
- Investments (full time MSc)
- Mathematical Finance (full time MSc)
- Economics (full time MSc)
- Economics with Integrated Pre-Masters
- Development Economics (full time MSc)
- Environmental and Natural Resource Economics (full time MSc)
- Environmental and Natural Resource Economicas with Integrated Pre-Masters
- International Economics (full time MSc)
- International Economics with Integrated Pre-Masters
- International Business (full time MSc)
- International Business - 24 months
- Management (full time MSc)
- Management: Entrepreneurship and Innovation (full time MSc)
- Management: Operations (full time MSc)
- Management: Organisational Leadership and Change (full time MSc)
- Management: Strategy (full time MSc)
- Marketing (full time MSc)
- Marketing 24m
- International Marketing (full time MSc)
- International Marketing 24m
- Marketing Communications (full time MSc)
- Marketing Communications 24m
- Strategic Marketing and Consulting (full time MSc)
- Strategic Marketing and Consulting 24m
Application fee information
At the end of the application form, before you can submit it to us, you will be required to pay, or indicate how you will pay the required fee in order for us to process your application. We will not process applications for which we have not received the fee. If you decide at any time not to complete and submit your application, you will not be charged.
If you submit a second application for a programme in the same academic year; you will be charged and we will not process your application. We do not offer a refund for duplicate applications.
Sponsorship: If you are being sponsored by an approved sponsor (recognised by the University of Birmingham) then please indicate this in the Funding Details section of your application form.
Please complete and submit your application before paying your application fee.
We accept the following methods of payment:
- Debit or Credit card (pay online after completion of the application form).
We can accept Visa, MasterCard, Maestro cards. Card payments will be processed in Pounds Sterling.
Debit or Credit card is the quickest way to pay the application fee. It will allow us to start processing your application straight away. When you complete and submit your application, select 'Online Payment' and make your online payment.
You can pay using the University of Birmingham’s Bank Transfer platform powered by our partner Western Union Business Solutions after you submit your application. This service allows you to pay in your local currency and from your home bank account, without worrying about exchange rates or funds arriving short at the University.
Payments through Bank Transfer will necessitate a delay while we wait for the funds to reach us. Once payment is received we will begin to process your application.
Once your payment has been received you will receive an acknowledgement email confirming your ID number and that your application will be progressed.
If you have any queries regarding the payment process please contact email@example.com.
Please keep your Booking Reference number to hand when making any payments. Please quote your Booking Reference in in all correspondence.
If you are unable to pay by the above methods you may want to apply instead through an Overseas Representative or Agent. They will need to log the application on your behalf.
How to apply
Search for the course you wish to apply for using course finder. Once you have selected the course please click on 'Apply Now' buttons until you reach the application form where you will be asked to Log in or Create a new user.
If you have an existing account your username is your email address or applicant ID number. You can click on the forgotten password link to reset your password.
If you are new to the Application system please click on New User to create your New User Details.
You do not have to complete your application in one session. You will be sent an email containing a secure link to enable you to complete your application at a future date should you so choose.
You will be able to save your application at any point in the process and return to it when you are ready to continue.
Please note that your application will not be processed until all the relevant sections have been completed and your application has been submitted.
Throughout your application you will be given the opportunity to upload scanned documents in support of your application.
Making a decision on your application
Please note that a decision on your application may be delayed if the relevant supporting documents are not received.
The following information will usually be needed before a decision can be made on your application:
- Academic reference(s)
- Degree transcripts (interim* transcripts);
- English language test certificate (if appropriate);
- Research proposal (if appropriate).
*A transcript of your degree progress and achievement to date.
You may also be required to submit further documents.
Completing the application form
The application form is divided into the following sections, which will be tailored to the application route you are applying for.
Personal details such as name, date of birth and nationality.
Additional personal information
Protected characteristics such as religion, disability and ethnicity. Please note, your answers will be treated in the strictest confidence, and all data disclosed will comply with the Data Protection Act 1998. To find out more about how Birmingham uses data to promote equality and diversity for students, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Permanent home address and room to put information if you are an agent/partner institution applying on behalf of a student.
This page is for academic qualifications i.e. School, undergraduate and any postgraduate qualifications already started/completed. Scanned transcripts and certificates need to be uploaded here - please see our Document requirements explained
webpage for more information on what we need. This page is also where you can upload English language requirement documents.
You can upload your CV and detail any relevant work experience that may be beneficial to your application. There is also space for details of any professional or other qualifications that you may want to include.
Here you can either upload a personal statement, or type one in the box provided. Please visit this webpage
for help on how to write a personal statement.
If you are applying for a research programme (i.e. PhD, Masters by Research) then you will be asked whether you are applying to an advertised project, or proposing your own research. If applying to an advertised project you will need to input details of the project on the page, but if you are proposing your own research, you will need to give a research summary and upload a research proposal. You can visit this webpage
for help on how to write a research proposal.
Room to input passport and visa details, if relevant.
Here you have the option to either upload your references if you have them already, or input details of your referees so that we can contact them automatically once you have submitted your application. See the References section on this webpage
for more information on the types of references we accept and the format they need to be in.
Any additional documents you wish to upload (e.g. research proposal), you can do so here.
Here you will be asked what you expect to be the primary source of funding you will have to support your studies.
This page includes a Data Protection Statement and Declaration that both need accepting before you can submit your application.