- Gain a unique opportunity to carry out valuable research alongside high-level education in a relevant railway systems, business or engineering subject
- Benefit from participating in the fundamental and applied research carried out within the BCRRE, and from the world-leading educational programmes offered by the Centre
- For applicants with limited railway experience the three-week introductory course in Terminology and Communication for Railways sets the scene and familiarises you with the components and terminology of the railway system.
- The major research project makes this programme ideal for company sponsorship in order to establish or continue a research and development programme
- The course is designed for new graduates and practising railway professionals who have an interest and desire to take part in research and development
BCRRE is Europe’s largest Railway-focussed research and education group. Projects involve fundamental and applied research in railway science, technology and business. BCRRE is privileged to work with many colleagues from the railway industry who regularly contribute seminars and talks. Not only do these enrich and embed your learning, they provide excellent opportunities for networking with others in the industry.
We have extensive laboratories and facilities both on and off our campus for carrying out research in railway engineering. Recently we have commissioned a wind tunnel and a loading rig of three half-sleepers for undertaking near full-scale investigations into railway track foundations. We also have an aerodynamic moving-model testing facility for high-speed trains.