Applications for 2023 entry have now closed.
Applications are accepted all year round but applications must be received by 26 April 2024 to be considered for a start date of September 2024.
We encourage you to apply early, so that you have plenty of time to prepare the necessary travel, study and immigration documents. In some cases, it may be a time-consuming process to apply and receive the necessary travel and study documents.
Completing the application
Download the 'How to apply’ guidance document to help you.
Click on the 'Apply Now' button and you will be directed to an application specifically designed for the IDTP programme. You will create a personal account with the University application system. You must submit the following for your applications to be considered for shortlisting for interview:
- A detailed CV, including your nationality and country of birth;
- A personal statement highlighting your research experience/capabilities and information on which subjects in life sciences you envisage doing a PhD
- A document listing your top two preferred choices of optional modules outlined in the programme modules information section
- Copies of your degree certificates with transcripts;
- Names and addresses of two referees;
- Evidence of your proficiency in the English language
Once you've completed your online application and submitted it electronically, it will be checked by staff in the postgraduate admissions team before being sent to the programme lead for consideration.
Submission of incomplete applications will delay the processing of your application.
All shortlisted candidates will be interviewed. Interviews will be held online between 9am – 12pm GMT/BST on the second and fourth Tuesday and Wednesday of every month. Should candidates have preferred times/dates they are advised to specify this in their covering letter/personal statement.
How to apply
To apply for a postgraduate research programme, you will need to submit your application and supporting documents online. We have put together some helpful information on the research programme application process and supporting documents on our how to apply page. Please read this information carefully before completing your application.