This short course will develop your ability to develop a focused research question, gain a basic understanding of qualitative and quantitative research paradigms and methods, and be able to undertake an in-depth, systematic appraisal of evidence.
By the end of this short course you will be able to:
- Have a good understanding of use and application of evidence in healthcare
- Articulate a broad range of research paradigms and methodology relevant to healthcare
- Systematically identify, select and evaluate research methods and interpretation of research findings
- Demonstrate a critical understanding of the concepts and tools related to EBP, including types and levels of evidence, methods of critical appraisal and use of electronic databases to access and review evidence.
- Thursday 19 October 2023
- Friday 20 October 2023
- Monday 23 October 2023
- Tuesday 24 October 2023
- Wednesday 25 October 2023
- Thursday 26 October 2023
- Thursday 2 November 2023
- Thursday 9 November 2023
- Thursday 16 November 2023
- Thursday 23 November 2023
One 3,500-word essay
Stand Alone Course
This short course can also be taken as a stand-alone course and to apply, you will need to evidence your ability to study at Masters level.
For applications and further information, please contact the Postgraduate Administrator:
+44 (0)121 414 6014