Online MSc International Business course details
Studying Birmingham Business School’s Online MSc International Business takes 2.5 years to complete. It is a 180-credit course (which includes a 60-credit dissertation). For full pricing information, please fill out our form or call +44 (0)800 032 7101.
The Online MSc International Business has been specifically designed for those who are relatively new to the principles of business. The online format meets the needs of early career professionals who are balancing advancing careers and personal commitments alongside their studies.
Online MSc International Business students have access to a cutting-edge digital platform throughout their studies. We have moved beyond the traditional classroom structure, taking full advantage of digital media with modules that draw on interactivity, active student participation and social connectivity to provide a more dynamic learning experience.
Rather than simply reading lecture transcripts and sending in assignments, the University of Birmingham’s online students engage with the curriculum directly using:
- Video lectures: accessing content at any time and from any device
- Interactive assignments: actively participating in learning exercises
- Real-life case studies: gain skills you can apply to your organisation immediately
- Peer interaction: connect with peers, professors and tutors online
- Digital resources: rely on support for any of your admissions, enrolment, technology or career needs
“The world is getting busier and our students are getting busier. Business Higher Education needs to respect people’s real lives. Some people have difficulty assimilating information in a standardized way. Online, a student can pause content and learn at their own pace. Business education is — and should be — much more personalized.” (Dr Michael Shulver, Director of Online Content, Online MSc International Business and Online MBA, University of Birmingham)
In every module, there are four live lecture sessions, (known as connect sessions). These lectures are interactive sessions that run on Saturdays for 2 hours and 15 minutes (with a break halfway through). In each session, students have the opportunity to dissect the week’s learnings, present their work and discuss case study exercises.
Online MSc International Business students benefit from the same expert teaching as campus students:
- You’ll be taught by our internationally respected course leaders.
- Communicating and networking with fellow students in forums and via instant chat will be a regular feature to enhance your learning experience.
- Undertaking assignments (reports, essays, presentations, quizzes, group work), with deadlines structured at reasonable intervals to help guide you through your student journey.
Find out more about the Online MSc International Business.