Unless indicated otherwise the modules listed for this programme are for students starting in 2023.
MA Global Public Policy (12 months)
- Policy Futures: Theories and Concepts in International Policymaking (20 credits)
- Global Public Policy Institutions and Networks (20 credits)
- Dissertation (60 credits)
Optional Modules* (80 credits from the list below):
- Globalisation, International Migration and Citizenship (20 credits)
- Migration, Superdiversity, Policy and Practice (20 credits)
- Third Sector in Social Policy (20 credits)
- Crime and Social Harm (20 credits)
- Poverty, Wealth and Inequality (20 credits)
- Applied Qualitative and Quantitative Data Analysis (20 credits)
- Sociology of Race and Racism (20 credits)
- Policy Evaluation (20 credits)
- Philosophies of Welfare: creating new societies? (20 credits)
- Transforming Identities (20 credits)
- Transforming Societies (20 credits)
MA Global Public Policy (with Integrated Placement) (21 months)
This programme includes three elements. Six taught modules (from the list above) are taken during the first year. In the second year, you will complete a 12,000-word dissertation on a social policy subject of your choice and undertake a 20-week work-based experience in a local public, private or third sector organisation.
Postgraduate Diploma Global Public Policy (with Integrated Placement) (9 months)
This programme combines four taught modules (from the list above) with an opportunity for an eight-week workbased placement in a local public, private or third sector organisation. The modules are taken during the Autumn and Spring Terms with the work-based placement starting in March and continuing through to the end of the Summer Term in June.
Please note: The modules listed on the website for this programme are regularly reviewed to ensure they are up-to-date and informed by the latest research and teaching methods. On rare occasions, we may need to make unexpected changes to compulsory modules; in this event we will contact offer holders as soon as possible to inform or consult them as appropriate.