- Level of study
- Any Postgraduate
- Subject area
- Classics and Ancient History, Heritage, History, History of Art, Modern Languages and Cultures, Theology and Religion, International Relations
- EU, Overseas (Non-EU), UK
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
- Closed 31/03/2018 (Note: competition closed for this year)
The purpose of the scholarships is to encourage more people to pursue postgraduate studies in disciplines related to the Middle East in British universities. The scholarships will be for one academic year. The value of each scholarship will be £2,000. Two scholarships will be awarded.
Value of Award
The scholarships will be for one academic year. The value of each scholarship will be £2,000.
To qualify applicants must fulfil the following conditions:
- be registered at any UK university
- be a paid-up member of BRISMES (Student membership suffices) but the time you apply
- submit an application of 600 - 1000 words, by E-mail to the BRISMES research committee This should include a sketch of the overall research topic, and a description of the purpose for which the grant would be used
- obtain a brief supporting statement from their supervisor
How to Apply
Applications should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to the administrative office:
British Society for Middle Eastern Studies
Institute for Middle Eastern & Islamic Studies
Elvet Hill Road
Durham, DH1 3TU.