Billericay Educational Trust
- Level of study
- Any Postgraduate, Any Undergraduate
- Subject area
- Arts and Law, Engineering and Physical Sciences, Life and Environmental Sciences, Medical and Dental Sciences, Social Sciences
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
- Closed 01/06/2019 (Note: competition closed for this year)
Scholarships or Maintenance Allowances to enable beneficiaries to travel either in the United Kingdom or abroad to pursue their education.
Value of Award
Firstly, where do you live and what is your age? If it is within six miles of the centre of Billericay and you will be under 25 years of age on the 1st of September in the year of the application, then the Trustees can consider your claim.
Secondly, what is the application for? The Trustees can make awards for:-
- University or College Education.
- Vocational Grants for help to enter a Trade or Profession.
- Travel grants in furtherance of Education.
- Recreational grants for recreation and social and physical training not provided by a Local Educational authority.
- Cultural Grants to enable beneficiaries to study Music or other Arts.
Thirdly, what are the financial circumstances of your parents? This has to be taken into account and the information will be treated with the strictest confidence. Furthermore the Trustees are aware that other factors do have to be considered - such the expense of a particular course and/or the opportunity to earn money for yourself - before any decision is made (if your parents wish, this part of the application form may be sent separately to the Clerk).
The trust deeds simply say ‘the Trustees are to make grants to those persons who are, in the opinion of the Trustees, in need of financial assistance’.
Fourthly, the timing of the Application. The Awards Committee of the Trustees meet in early July each year to consider the applications and to make grants.
Fifthly, the review procedure. Sometime in late June or early July all applicants will be invited to an informal meeting with members of the Awards Committee. This meeting will take the form of a conversation regarding their application, their future plans and background information about themselves, to give the Trustees a better feeling for the person behind the application form.
How to Apply
So as to be in time for this trustees meeting, the completed application form must be received by the 1 June 2019 and submitted to:
Ms J Moore, Clerk to the Trustees c/o The Billericay School, School Rd, Billericay CM12 9LH.
After downloading the application form to your PC, your able to complete this via your PC, save and print.