Birmingham Business School Doctoral Scholarships
- Level of study
- Doctoral research
- Subject area
- Business, Economics, Marketing and Communications
- EU, Overseas (Non-EU), UK
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
- Closed 18/01/2018 (Note: competition closed for this year)
In 2018-19 the College of Social Sciences will invest £1 Million in support of new doctoral research students - through full or part-funding fees and/or stipends for up to 40 PhD students. Outstanding applicants will be considered in all areas of research strength in the College.
The scholarships are available only to candidates of the highest academic ability who wish to study for a PhD in the Business School in the areas of Accounting and Finance, Economics, Management and Marketing.
Value of Award
The scholarships involve full or part-funding fees and/or stipends for up to 40 PhD students across the College of Social Sciences.
We anticipate that those to whom we offer funding:
- will have obtained either a first class or very strong upper second class degree in social sciences or a closely-related subject;
- may also have obtained a relevant Masters’ degree, with the award of a distinction or merit;
- will have formulated a strong research proposal demonstrating the potential to make an original contribution in their chosen field of study.
- will be able to clearly articulate how their proposed research will contribute to the research strengths of the College
How to Apply
The deadline for applications for both School scholarships and the ESRC scholarships is the 18th January 2018. If you intend to apply for both, you will need to submit two separate applications (although the format is very similar). In order to have time to prepare for that deadline, we have provided an indicative timetable.
For further information on the application process, please contact the Business School (firstname.lastname@example.org) or view the how to apply section.