Birmingham Business School Doctoral Scholarships
- Level of study
- Doctoral research
- Subject area
- Business, Economics, Marketing and Communications
- EU, Overseas (Non-EU), UK
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
- Closes 28/05/2019
The College of Social Sciences is investing £1 Million in support of new doctoral research students - through full or part-funding fees and/or stipends for up to 40 PhD students. Outstanding applicants will be considered in all areas of research strength in the College.
The scholarships are available only to candidates of the highest academic ability who wish to study for a PhD in the Business School in the areas of Accounting and Finance, Economics, Management and Marketing.
Value of Award
The scholarships involve full or part-funding fees and/or stipends for up to 40 PhD students across the College of Social Sciences.
We anticipate that those to whom we offer funding:
- will have obtained either a first class or very strong upper second class degree in social sciences or a closely-related subject;
- may also have obtained a relevant Masters’ degree, with the award of a distinction or merit;
- will have formulated a strong research proposal demonstrating the potential to make an original contribution in their chosen field of study.
- will be able to clearly articulate how their proposed research will contribute to the research strengths of the College
How to Apply
The deadline for applications is May 28 2019.
To apply please complete an application form and submit this by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information on the application process, please contact the Business School (email@example.com).