Birmingham Law School - Kalisher Trust LLM Scholarship
- Level of study
- Postgraduate taught masters
- Subject area
- EU, UK
- Type of Award
- Charity/Trust, External
- Deadline for applying
- Closed 07/07/2017 (Note: competition closed for this year)
The University of Birmingham is offering a scholarship for students on the LLM Criminal Law and Criminal Justice or the LLM General programme. This scholarship will cover the cost of tuition fees and provide a generous contribution of £6,000 towards maintenance costs. This scholarship is being funded by the Kalisher Trust and alumni and friends of the University of Birmingham.
As well as meeting the academic entry requirements of the programme, applicants for this scholarship must also meet the eligibility criteria.
Value of Award
Recipients of this award can receive full cover of their tuition fees as well as a generous contribution of £6,000 towards maintenance costs.
- You must be resident in the UK and classed as UK/EU for fee purposes
- You must demonstrate intellectual ability – through academic performance, employment, and/or other experiences.
- You must demonstrate motivation to succeed at the Criminal Bar – including demonstrating the steps taken to acquire the personal skills required of a Barrister and a demonstration of the will to succeed.
- You must demonstrate potential as an advocate – both in oral and written skills
- You must demonstrate financial need, specifically outlining the impact of the scholarship on your aspirations to undertake the LLM programme or to pursue a career at the Bar.
- You must be self-funded, and not be in receipt of any other sources of funding
- The award is for 1 year only and cannot be deferred
- You must have applied for a place on either our LLM Criminal Law and Criminal Justice or our LLM General programme before applying for the scholarship.
- Closing date for applications is Friday 7 July 2017.
Applicants must have already applied for admission onto either of the two LLM programmes before they can submit an application for the scholarship.
How to Apply
Applicants are required to submit an 800 word statement asking to be considered for the scholarship and explaining why they believe they meet the selection criteria.
Applications should be submitted to email@example.com stating "Kalisher Trust Scholarship" and your student ID number in the email subject.
Closing date for applications is Friday 7 July 2017.
Please do not apply unless you are holding an offer as your application won't be considered.