Canadian Centennial Scholarship Fund
- Level of study
- Any Postgraduate
- Subject area
- Arts and Law, Engineering and Physical Sciences, Life and Environmental Sciences, Medical and Dental Sciences, Social Sciences
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
- Closed 10/03/2019 (Note: competition closed for this year)
The Canadian Centennial Scholarship Fund (CCSF) provides aproximately 15 annual awards Candian students pursuing academic and artistic postgraduate studies in the United Kingdom.
Since 1967 the charity has awarded over £800,000 in scholarships to some 500 talented Canadians studying at over 40 different universities, colleges and conservatories across the UK. Awards are granted to scholars from a wide range of disciplines including science, engineering, social science and humanities as well as music, creative arts and design.
Value of Award
Ranging from £3,000 to £5,000.
Recipients are chosen on the basis of academic excellence, as well as on their ability to represent Canada within the UK academic and artistic community.
To be eligible to apply for a CCSF award, an applicant must:
- Be a Canadian citizen: proof of Canadian citizenship is required in the form of a pdf/jpg of your passport details. You may be asked to bring this document with you if you are shortlisted for interview.
- Be currently enrolled in a postgraduate programme (or equivalent) and at the time of applying be attending a full-time UK university or similar institution, and have completed at least one term of study, with at least one term remaining from September 2019 (applicants undertaking a one-year programme are not eligible).
- Be able to demonstrate academic excellence.
- Require funds to complete their studies.
- Previous applicants may re-apply.
How to Apply
The application form, along with full details of the application process, is available from the Cannadian Centennial Scholarship Fund website.