Canadian Centennial Scholarship Fund
- Level of study
- Any Postgraduate
- Subject area
- Arts and Law, Engineering and Physical Sciences, Life and Environmental Sciences, Medical and Dental Sciences, Social Sciences
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
- Closes 09/03/2018
The Canadian Centennial Scholarship Fund (CCSF) provides awards ranging from £2,000 to £5,000 to Canadian men and women for academic and artistic postgraduate study in the UK.
Applications and all relevant material (including references and transcripts) must be received by the CCSF no later than 17:00 on Friday 9 March 2018. No extensions will be allowed.
The CCSF is a UK-registered charity (No. 313966) and is administered through the Canadian Women’s Club in London. The CWC has over 200 members and runs activities and events in London and the Home Counties from an office in the Canadian High Commission, Grosvenor Square W1. Many of these activities are undertaken to raise funds for the Maple Leaf Trust, the main sponsor of the CCSF.
Value of Award
Ranging from £2,000 to £5,000.
Recipients are chosen on the basis of academic excellence, as well as on their ability to represent Canada within the UK academic and artistic community.
To be eligible to apply for a CCSF award, an applicant must:
- Be a Canadian citizen: proof of Canadian citizenship is required in the form of a pdf/jpg of your passport details. You may be asked to bring this document with you if you are shortlisted for interview.
- Be currently enrolled in a postgraduate programme (or equivalent) and at the time of applying be attending a full-time UK university or similar institution, and have completed at least one term of study, with at least one term remaining from September 2017. (Applicants undertaking a one-year programme are not eligible.)
- Be able to demonstrate academic excellence.
- Require funds to complete their studies.
- Previous applicants may re-apply.
How to Apply
Application forms can be found on the organisation's website.
Doctoral Research Enquiry Service
0121 414 5005