The Amphlett Scholarship
- Level of study
- Doctoral research
- Subject area
- Theology and Religion
- Brunei, China, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, South, Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
- Closed 28/06/2019 (Note: competition closed for this year)
The Amphlett Fund is committed to advancing the education of overseas students in the subject of Theology. The Amphlett Scholarship supports a doctoral research student by covering tuition fees (at Overseas (Non-EU) rates) and includes a contribution towards living expenses.
Value of Award
These awards cover tuition fees for three years full-time, six years part-time (until the end of the minimum registration period).
The awards also include £11,000 support per year towards living expenses for full-time applicants, adjusted pro-rata for part-time applicants.
- Students must be from China, Japan, Korea (South), Taiwan, Brunei, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand or Vietnam and must be studying the subject of Theology at the University of Birmingham.
- The award is open to students studying campus-based doctoral research in Theology only.
- Applications for funding can only be considered alongside an application to study.
- Applications are also open to current students; although you would need to have at least 12 months of study in normal registration remaining at the start of the award (excluding thesis awaited/writing up).
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for this award, please complete the online study application, noting in the application that you wish to be considered for the Amphlett Scholarship.
Please also email firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name noting your interest in the scholarship.