Funds for Women Graduates Foundation Grants
- Level of study
- Doctoral research
- Subject area
- Arts and Law, Engineering and Physical Sciences, Life and Environmental Sciences, Medical and Dental Sciences, Social Sciences, Education
- EU, Overseas (Non-EU), UK
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
- None. Open all year.
FfWG offers foundation grants to help women graduates with their living expenses (not fees) while registered for study or research at an approved institution of higher education in Great Britain . The criteria are the proven needs of the applicant and their academic calibre.
Value of Award
The amount of the Foundation Grant will be decided by FfWG.
Terms on which the grants are given:-
• Women graduates from UK and overseas are eligible to apply.
• They must be studying in Great Britain and in their final fee paying or writing up year of PhD or DPhil.
• Any subject or field of study will be considered.
• There is no upper age limit.
• Evidence of ability to pay fees is required.
• Students reading for a part-time PhD or DPhil will be eligible to apply from their third year onwards.
• The Grants will be a contribution towards living expenses for one year’s academic study or research.
• The amount of the Foundation Grant awarded will be decided by FfWG.
• Grant holders must submit a written report at the end of the academic year for which the grant was awarded.
How to Apply
Details of how to apply can be found on the Funds for Women Graduates website.
Doctoral Research Enquiry Service
0121 414 5005