Hong Leong Foundation Scholarships
- Level of study
- Postgraduate research masters, Postgraduate taught masters
- Subject area
- Law, Engineering, Earth Sciences, Environmental Risk Management, Environmental Sciences, Natural Sciences, Business, Economic Development and Regeneration, Economics, International Public Administration, Marketing and Communications, Planning, Social Studies
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
- Closed 01/06/2016 (Note: competition closed for this year)
Candidates are considered based on postgraduate programmes which are relevant to the Hong Leong core business. The courses include (but are not limited to):
- Banking and finance
- Risk Management
- Human Resource Management
- Business Administration
- Sales and marketing
- Research and Design
- Hotel Management
- Industrial Design
- Environmental Studies
- Earth Studies
Candidates must be accepted in a full time Masters programme by coursework and/or by research before applying.
University fees will be paid directly to the university every semester. Living expenses will be paid directly to the scholar at the start of every year. In addition to financial support, the foundation also provides mentors for the Master's scholarship holder. The mentor programme is aimed to guide scholarship holders to successful personal and career paths upon graduation. Additionally, the Foundation also provides enrichment camps for all scholarship holders.
Value of Award
The scholarship amount varies on the University and the selected course, but will typically include:
- Full tuition fees and one student visa
- One return economy flight ticket up to RM 2,500 (capped amount)
- Health insurance up to RM1500 (if required)
- Living expenses up to RM 50,000 (capped amount)
Malaysian citizens aged below 35 years who have demonstrated active involvement in extra curricular, community or voluntary activities and demonstrates strong leadership and interpersonal skills. Candidates must have obtained a minimum of a second class upper Degree (Hons) for their Bachelor’s Degree, or a CGPA of 3.65 and above.
How to Apply
There are two calls for applications every year. The first applications start in the first week of December and are open for four weeks. The second round of applications open in May and are again open for four weeks.
When applications open, the form will be made available through the foundation website.
For additional information, you can contact the Hong Leong Foundation Secretariat.