- Level of study
- Any Postgraduate
- Subject area
- Arts and Law, Engineering and Physical Sciences, Life and Environmental Sciences, Medical and Dental Sciences, Social Sciences
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
- Closed 15/04/2018 (Note: competition closed for this year)
Inlaks Scholarships provide the opportunity to young people with exceptional talent in any field to broaden their vision abroad and improve their skills to operate in society, thus making them a future vehicle of change in their environment. The major objective of the Foundation is to identify exceptionally talented young Indian students and support them financially to develop their special skill and talents to the maximum. It achieves this by awarding scholarships to outstanding young students to continue their post-graduate study/research abroad. Over the last three decades, more than 350 scholars have benefited from these scholarships.
Scholarships are granted for up to 2 years at top American, European and UK institutions, for funding requirements including tuition fees, up to a maximum of $100,000 or equivalent.
In the case of courses longer than 2 years, candidates must be able to demonstrate guaranteed funding for the balance of cost at the time of interviews in the last week of May or first week of June.
Value of Award
Up to a maximum of $100,000 or equivalent.
- The Foundation does not give scholarships in the following subjects: Engineering, Computer Science, Urban Planning, Business Studies, Medicine, Public Health, Fashion Design, Music and Film Animation.
- Scholarships are open to all Indian citizens of either sex who hold a good degree from a recognized university and are resident in India at the time of application. All applicants must have done their first degree in India.
- It is essential to have prior admission to the institution and course chosen. The Foundation will not consider candidates without admission or pending admission. The institutions concerned must only be top rank.
- Candidates must be below 30 years of age on the first of July in the year of application. Preference will be given to candidates who have not yet studied abroad. Candidates who are already studying or have started their program abroad are not eligible.
- The award of other grants, teaching assistantships and support from other sources for the proposed programme will be regarded by the Foundation as a positive factor. The Foundation also encourages applications from young people currently employed.
How to Apply
Application forms are available online from the Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation and can be downloaded from the Inlaks website.
For details of the application process please visit the Inlaks website.
Doctoral Research Enquiry Service
0121 414 5005