Institution of Mechanical Engineers Postgraduate Masters Scholarships
- Level of study
- Postgraduate research masters, Postgraduate taught masters
- Subject area
- Mechanical Engineering
- EU, Overseas (Non-EU), UK
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
- Closes 01/08/2019
The Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) is offering a number of Postgraduate Masters Scholarships to exceptional graduates with an IMechE accredited BEng(Hons) degree to allow them to undertake an IMechE accredited Masters degree for the purpose of obtaining the academic requirements for professional registration as a Chartered Engineer (CEng).
Value of Award
- Full time - up to £5,000.
- Part time - pro rata.
It is intended that study should be on a one-year, full-time programme, however, if a suitable part-time, two-year programme is proposed, then the award may be divided equally between each year.
For a part-time programme, renewal of the award after the first year is conditional on satisfactory progress being made.
The scholarships are open to students who:
- are currently resident in the United Kingdom, who will commence their IMechE accredited Masters degree in the next academic session.
- have received an offer of a place at a university.
- are expecting to, or already have, gained a first class or 2:1 honours IMechE accredited degree.
- are undertaking instructional or research-based study programmes.
- are supported in their application by three referees:
One who can vouch for your academic abilities (normally your Undergraduate Personal Tutor or Head of Department).
One who can confirm your suitability to embark on the postgraduate course you have chosen, and the likelihood of your success.
One who can vouch for your character.
Referees should preferably be members of the Institution.
How to Apply
For applications forms and information please check the Institution of Mechanical Engineers website.
Doctoral Research Enquiry Service
0121 414 5005