Institution of Mechanical Engineers Postgraduate Research Scholarships
- Level of study
- Doctoral research
- Subject area
- Mechanical Engineering
- EU, Overseas (Non-EU), UK
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
- Closed 01/08/2017 (Note: competition closed for this year)
The Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) is offering a number of Postgraduate Research Scholarships for exceptional graduate students from an accredited mechanical engineering degree programme who wish to undertake further research in this discipline, in support of a scheme of work leading to the award of a doctorate such as a PhD, EngD or DPhil.
Value of Award
- Full-time up to £6,500p.a.
- Part-time pro rata.
The normal tenure will be three years full-time. If other periods are approved the total award will be sub-divided appropriately.
Annual renewal after the first year is conditional on satisfactory progress being made.
The scholarships are open to students who:
- Are normally resident in the United Kingdom, who will commence their postgraduate degree in the next academic session.
- have chosen a research programme at a university.
- should be expecting or have already gained a first class or 2:1 honours degree accredited by the Institution.
- should be an Affiliate or Associate member at the time of applying for a scholarship (if selected to receive a scholarship, will be required to become an Associate member).
How to Apply
For applications forms and information please check the Institution of Mechanical Engineers website.
Doctoral Research Enquiry Service
0121 414 5005