Qalaa Holdings Scholarship
- Level of study
- Postgraduate research masters, Postgraduate taught masters
- Subject area
- Arts and Law, Engineering and Physical Sciences, Life and Environmental Sciences, Medical and Dental Sciences, Social Sciences
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
- Closes 15/04/2020
The Qalaa Holdings Scholarship Foundation was created in 2007, out of a strong will to contribute to national development through creating high caliber professionals to help enhance Egypt’s growth in all sectors. The Foundation is funded by an endowment from Qalaa Holdings to grant academic scholarships for talented and promising young Egyptian men and women to pursue Masters degrees abroad in all fields of study.
Value of Award
The QHSF funds under two schemes: the full scholarship covering tuition and living expenses and the partial scholarship covering tuition only. The ceiling for tuition fees is 50,000 USD per annum.
- Applicant must be under the age of 35.
- Must be an Egyptian national and residing in Egypt.
- Applicant must have a minimum of two years of work experience post-graduation.
- Is planning to pursue his/her studies at one of the top universities abroad in their discipline of choice.
- Must have been accepted at the university and program of interest.
- Applicant must submit an unconditional acceptance letter (with the exception of a funding condition).
- Excellent command of language of study. Good command of the English language.
- Involvement with activities in civic, public or international affairs (NGOs, volunteer work, etc) will be an asset.
- Must have a genuine financial need.
- Not a beneficiary of any other partial scholarship or grants (with exception to waivers from the university of choice itself).
- Upon completion of programme, graduates must be committed to return to work in Egypt for a minimum of two years.
- Military service status must be clear (for males).
How to Apply
The application form, as well as full details of the application procedure, can be found on the Qalaa Holdings Scholarship Foundation website.