Santander University of Birmingham Scholarship
- Level of study
- Postgraduate research masters, Postgraduate taught masters
- Subject area
- Arts and Law, Engineering and Physical Sciences, Life and Environmental Sciences, Medical and Dental Sciences, Social Sciences
- Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Paraguay, Peru, United States, Uruguay, Venezuela
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
- Closes 30/04/2019
In partnership with Santander bank, the University of Birmingham is delighted to offer scholarships to outstanding Masters degree candidates from Latin America, Nigeria, Pakistan & the USA.
Value of Award
We are offering two scholarships worth £5,000 towards the cost of tuition fees for an eligible one year Masters programme (taught or research). These awards are intended for tuition fees only and cannot be used towards living costs.
Applicants must have an excellent academic background obtaining a minimum of a First Class Bachelors Degree or equivalent (a CGPA of approximately 3.6-3.8 or above on a 4.0 scale or equivalent).
Applicants must also demonstrate excellence in an aspect of their life. This might be outstanding academic achievement, exceptional achievement in extra curricular activities (such as sport, music, managing events or societies) or significant achievement gained either in their working life or through volunteering and service to others.
Applicants must also outline the contribution they will make to the University of Birmingham as a student and what they expect to gain from studying at Birmingham.
In order to apply, candidates must:
- be coming to Birmingham from one of the following countries (i.e. are domiciled in or resident of): Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Paraguay, Peru, Puerto Rico, Uruguay, the USA, and Venezuela. Priority will be given to students coming from developing 'lower middle income' countries (here emboldened) and thereafter 'upper middle income' and 'high income' countries (as defined in the UN World Economic Situation and Prospects reports).
- have been offered a place to study on an eligible one year Masters (taught or research) programme at the University of Birmingham, UK campus;
- be classified by the University as eligible to pay the 'overseas' tuition fee rate;
- be applying for a programe that is full-time and based at Birmingham's UK campus (not distance learning);
- have a valid student ID number;
- not be in receipt of a full fee scholarship from any other source;
- have made adequate financial provision to study in the UK (including any associated visa/travel expenses);
- be able to pay any outstanding tuition fees not covered by the scholarship.
Please note that applications for 2019/20 entry will close on 30 April 2019.
How to Apply
To find out more about how to apply, please review our application procedures.
Funding, Graduation & Awards
+44 (0)121 414 7391