Spotcap Fintech Fellowship
- Level of study
- Postgraduate taught masters
- Subject area
- Arts and Law, Engineering and Physical Sciences, Life and Environmental Sciences, Medical and Dental Sciences, Social Sciences
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
- Closes 01/08/2018
Launched for the first time in April 2017, the yearly Spotcap Fintech Fellowship is helping build a healthy talent pipeline for the British fintech industry. Awarded to one student per academic year, the Fellowship contributes £8,000 towards a Master's degree or MBA in a fintech related field.
Value of Award
The Fellowship is an £8,000 award that supports one aspiring Master's or MBA student per year.
To be eligible for the Spotcap Fintech Fellowship you must:
- Have an offer of admission to a Master's or MBA programme at an accredited British university, starting in Autumn 2018.
- Be a British citizen or UK resident.
- Have achieved or are expected to achieve a 2.1 or above in an undergraduate degree.
- Be wanting to study a fintech-related subject (e.g. finance, business, management, engineering, computer science), with an intention to work in fintech upon graduation.
How to Apply
Applications are made through the Spotcap Fellowship website. Applicants are asked to provide:
- One-page cover letter detailing achievements, academic interests, professional interests and extracurricular activities.
- An answer to the question: 'What sparked your interested in fintech?'. Applicants may submit a written response (500 word limit) or upload a short video (3 minutes maximum).
Deadline for applications is 12pm on 1 August 2018.