TEH Automotive Scholarship
- Level of study
- Postgraduate taught masters
- Subject area
- Civil Engineering, Electronic, Electrical and Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
- Type of Award
- External, University
- Deadline for applying
- Closes 20/06/2018
The TEH Automotive Scholarship has been made possible by a generous donation from Dato Robert Tan Eng Hwa, (BCom, Industrial Economics & Business Studies, 1977), the Chief Operating Officer of APM Automotive Holdings Berhad.
Dato Robert Tan graduated from the University of Birmingham with a Bachelor of Commerce degree.
The scholarship will be allocated on the basis of academic excellence, relevant experience and evidence of a commitment to the area of study, as decided by a scholarship panel at the University of Birmingham. The panel and/or departmental representatives may interview shortlisted candidates and the successful scholar may receive an invitation to visit the company in Malaysia.
Value of Award
The TEH Automotive Scholarship is a full scholarship that provides support towards a maintenance grant and tuition fees for 2018/19 entry.
- The scholarship holder will be a student from Malaysia and eligible to pay international tuition fees.
- The scholarship holder will not be fully funded by a third party sponsor or employer.
- Scholarships apply to one-year, full-time programmes only.
- The scholarship holder will undertake one of the eligible programmes as listed below:
- MSc Communications Engineering
- MSc Electrical Power Systems
- MSc Electronic and Computer Engineering Masters
- MSc Railway Risk and Safety Management
- MSc Railway Systems Engineering and Integration
- MSc Advanced Mechanical Engineering
- MSc Advanced Engineering Management
- MSc Advanced Engineering Management: Construction Management
- MSc Advanced Engineering Management: Operations Management
- MSc Advanced Engineering Management: Project Management
- MSc Advanced Engineering Management: Systems Management
How to Apply
Once you have an offer to study on one of the eligible programmes listed above, you will need to print and complete a short application form which you can find on the scholarship page.
Please send the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. The Scholarship panel will assess your statement, together with your application, and shortlisted applicants will be invited to interview in Malaysia on Wednesday 4th July.
The successful scholar will be invited to meet with the sponsor in-country before arriving to study at the University of Birmingham.
School of Engineering Admissions Team