Tan Kah Kee Postgraduate Scholarship (TKKPS)
- Level of study
- Doctoral research, Postgraduate research masters, Postgraduate taught masters
- Subject area
- Arts and Law, Engineering and Physical Sciences, Life and Environmental Sciences, Medical and Dental Sciences, Social Sciences
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
- Closed 30/05/2018 (Note: competition closed for this year)
The Tan Kah Kee Postgraduate Scholarship (TKKPS) was first offered by the Foundation in 1983, and is open annually to students of all races pursuing their PhD or Master's degrees. Professional degrees such as Master of Business Administration (MBA) are excluded.
Value of Award
Successful applicants will each receive a one-off sum of S$10,000 for studying in overseas university or S$7,000 for studying in local universities. Both scholarships do not carry any bond. The scholarships are given out once a year, and successful applicants may re-apply annually.
Both scholarships are highly selective. Applicants must fulfil the following criteria:
- Singaporean or Singapore Permanent Resident;
- Outstanding academic record (a good Honours Degree or equivalent);
- A record of sustained commitment to serving the community;
- Effectively bilingual.
Applicants with the above status and qualifications can apply irrespective of race, religion, age and gender.
How to Apply
The application period is 30 April to 30 May. Further information and details of the application process can be found on the organisation's website.