The Countess of Munster Musical Trust
- Level of study
- Postgraduate taught masters
- Subject area
- EU, UK
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
- Closed 10/02/2020 (Note: competition closed for this year)
The Countess of Munster Musical Trust was established in 1958 by Lady Munster to help young musicians achieve their full potential towards securing careers as performers. The trustees offer an award open singers or instrumentalists looking to undertake performance-based classical or jazz music postgraduate study, composers looking to undertake postgraduate study in composition and exceptional jazz musicians looking for funding towards their final year of a performance-based jazz undergraduate course.
Value of Award
Dependant on musical ability.
The current policy of the Trust is to consider candidates (instrumentalists, singers and composers) for study awards who satisfy the following residency criteria:
- The applicant has either been resident in the UK for over ten years since birth or alternatively has successfully completed (by the end of the current academic year) at least three academic years of full-time study in a UK higher education institution (University / Music Conservatoire).
- The applicant can prove that, based on the laws and regulations in force at the closing date for applications and his/her personal circumstances, he/she automatically has permission to continue to reside and work in the UK following completion of higher education.
- Commonwealth Candidates: reflecting the Trust’s long record of supporting outstanding candidates from the Commonwealth, an exception will be made to the above criteria in the case of applicants who are long-term residents of Commonwealth countries. These candidates’ applications should be for study in the UK only.
- Applicants currently studying in the UK on a Tier 4 student visa are not eligible to apply.
How to Apply
The application form, as well as full details of the application process, is avilable form the Countess of Munster Musical Trust website.