The Gordon Memorial College Trust Fund
- Level of study
- Any Postgraduate
- Subject area
- Arts and Law, Engineering and Physical Sciences, Life and Environmental Sciences, Medical and Dental Sciences, Social Sciences
- South Sudan, Sudan
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
- Closes 28/02/2020
The purpose of the Fund is to promote educational development in Sudan/South Sudan. Grants are available for educational projects in the Sudan/South Sudan and for Sudanese nationals studying for a postgraduate course in the UK who intend to return to Sudan/South Sudan at the end of their studies. In awarding grants, priority will be given to those applicants whose chosen courses will enable them to contribute to the skills base of Sudan/South Sudan, and who demonstrate their intention to return to the Sudan/South Sudan after their studies.
Value of Award
The average grant awarded to an individual applicant in 2012 was £3,500, but the value of the award varies.
To be eligible for consideration for a GMCTF grant, you should:
- have completed a first degree.
- have achieved in that degree a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.3 out of 4.0, or a minimum of an upper second class degree (2.1), or equivalent international qualifications.
- have good written and spoken English and provide evidence of a good score in a recognised English language test, e.g. ITELS or TOEFL.
- approach two referees who can comment on their suitability for the award of a GMCTF grant, and ask each referee to send their comments on your application to the GMCTF by the due date (see the timetable). Please remember to refer your referees to the Information for referees section of the website. Your application will not be considered by the GMCTF without the letters of support from your referees, and it is your responsibility as the applicant to ask them to send these letters to the GMCTF.
- provide information on the total annual cost of their chosen course, including all tuition and bench fees and maintenance costs, what proportion of these costs is available to the student and the source(s) of these funds, as well as the sum requested from the GMCTF.
- be a national of South Sudan or Sudan.
- provide information on their visa status.
- demonstrate that their chosen course will enable them to contribute to the skills base of South Sudan or Sudan, and demonstrate their intention to return to South Sudan or Sudan after their studies.
- Please note that if you need a visa to study in the UK, you could find it helpful to look at the UK Border Agency (UKBA) website in preparation for the documents you will have to submit to obtain a visa.
Please note that if you need a visa to study in the UK, you could find it helpful to look at the UK Border Agency (UKBA) website in preparation for the documents you will have to submit to obtain a visa.
How to Apply
Details of the application process can be found on the Gordon Memorial College Trust Fund website.