The St Christopher's Educational Trust
- Level of study
- Any Postgraduate, Any Undergraduate
- Subject area
- Theology and Religion, Teacher Training
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
- Closed 31/03/2018 (Note: competition closed for this year)
The St Christopher's Educational Trust aims to promote religious education in accordance with the principles of the Church of England. The Trustees currently wish to support new ways of providing Christian formation and education, with particular emphasis on:
- informal education opportunities for young people
- teaching and learning about Christianity
- education for adult discipleship
The St Christopher's Educational Trust, which incorporates the Hughes & Stevens Bequest, was set up to continue the work of St Christopher's College in Blackheath.
Value of Award
Up to £2000.
- Applications from any part of the United Kingdom can be considered.
- Applications from elsewhere will be considered only if they relate to a course of study within the UK and are supported by a reference from an appropriate link diocese in the UK.
In assessing grant applications the trustees will look for evidence that the proposal will contribute to Christian education or formation, that it is innovative or developmental, that the proposed outcomes are clear and will have a wide impact and that it relates in some way to the work of the Church of England or some other Anglican context.
How to Apply
Application forms (for individual or organisational grants) are available below or from the Clerk to the Trustees and should be submitted electronically whenever possible. The Trustees meet to consider grants in May and November and applications should be submitted by April 1st or October 1st respectively.
The Clerk to the Trustees, Mrs Lindsey Anderson Gear