Yorkshire Ladies’ Council of Education
- Level of study
- Any Postgraduate
- Subject area
- Arts and Law, Engineering and Physical Sciences, Life and Environmental Sciences, Medical and Dental Sciences, Social Sciences
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
- None. Open all year.
Yorkshire Ladies’ Council of Education was established as an independent organisation in 1875. Its aims were to improve the lives and the education of girls and women of all classes in Leeds and Yorkshire. It provides small awards to help British women (aged over 21) who cannot finance their chosen educational course from their own resources and who do not qualify for local authority support. The Awards Committee meets three times a year to consider the applications for grants.
Value of Award
- The average grant awarded is between £200 and £400.
- Grants support COURSE FEES only.
- Grants are paid direct to institutions on behalf of applicants. No payments are made to individuals.
The YLCE Awards Committee considers personal applications from women who:
- are British citizens.
- are aged 21 and over.
- have a confirmed offer of a place at a British educational institution.
- are not eligible for Student Loan Company support and require help with course fees.
- are not related to a member of the Yorkshire Ladies’ Council of Education.
Please note: women who are eligible for a Postgraduate Loan are also eligible for the support.
How to Apply
The online application form and further information on how to apply can be found on the Yorkshire Ladies' Council of Education webiste.
Applications are assessed in SEPTEMBER, MARCH and JUNE. Completed forms must be received by the first day of the relevant month.