Birmingham Alumni Scholarships
- Level of study
- Postgraduate taught masters
- Subject area
- Arts and Law, Engineering and Physical Sciences, Life and Environmental Sciences, Medical and Dental Sciences, Social Sciences
- EU, Overseas (Non-EU), UK
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
- Closes 27/04/2018
The University of Birmingham is pleased to announce the launch of the Distinguished Alumni Scholarship scheme. We will be offering awards of £2,000 per scholarship to outstanding alumni wishing to undertake Masters study at the University during 2018.
Scholarships will be awarded to up to 50 candidates based on academic performance in their previous studies at the University of Birmingham. Nominees will be selected by a cross-college panel at the University. Nomination will be based on the following criteria:
- Weighted mean marks from their undergraduate study
- Ranking within their University of Birmingham cohort
- Professional qualifications and achievements
- Strength of the personal statement
Note: Students that have previously participated in the University of Birmingham Access to Birmingham Scheme (A2B), Realising Opportunities or a similar outreach or widening participation programme at the University of Birmingham will be prioritised for awards.
Successful candidates will be notified during May 2018.
Value of Award
£2,000 per scholarship.
- Gain admission to a taught Masters programme (MA, MSc, LLM, MEd, MPH, MBA) at Birmingham for 2018 entry. Distance-learning programmes and MRes (combined taught and research) programmes are eligible for the awards.
- Be an alumna/alumnus of the University, which includes any student who has undertaken an undergraduate degree or exchange programme (for no less than one semester) at Birmingham. This includes current final-year students.
- Be self-funded or applying for a postgraduate government loan to pay your fees and living expenses.
Note: students already registered on a postgraduate programme are not eligible to apply
Candidates are expected to attain a First-class or Upper Second-class (2:1) Honours degree (or the equivalent) for their undergraduate qualification.
How to Apply
To be considered for a Distinguished Alumni Scholarship, applicants must, by the 27 April deadline, have:
- Made an application to their intended Masters programme. Please apply through the relevant programme page on the Course finder section of the University of Birmingham website. Before applying, applicants are advised to read the BAS Guidance Notes 2018.
- Completed the Birmingham Alumni Scholarship application form. Applicants should enter the application ID number that they were given during their application to the Masters programme.
Postgraduate Recruitment Team
+44 (0)121 414 7136