Birmingham Business School Doctoral Scholarships
- Level of study
- Doctoral research
- Subject area
- Business, Economics, Marketing and Communications
- EU, Overseas (Non-EU), UK
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
- Closed 30/04/2021 (Note: competition closed for this year)
The Business School is investing to support new home and overseas doctoral research students. Outstanding applicants will be considered for identified specific topics in the following departments:
Value of Award
A full scholarship is the equivalent of an ESRC studentship and covers Home fees (£4,500 p.a.) plus a living allowance (stipend) of £15,609 per annum for three years, subject to satisfactory progress. For applicants outside the UK or without settled status, a full scholarship equates normally to £20,109 covering full fees and providing a contribution towards living expenses.
We anticipate that those to whom we offer funding:
- Will have obtained either a first class or very strong upper second class undergraduate degree in a social sciences or a closely-related subject.
- Will either have already obtained a relevant masters’ degree (at merit or preferably distinction level), or are currently enrolled on a masters degree (subject to meeting the entry criteria).
- Will have formulated a strong research proposal demonstrating the potential to make an original contribution in their chosen topic.
How to Apply
To apply please follow the instructions on the Birmingham Busines School website.
For further information on the application process, please contact the Business School: firstname.lastname@example.org.