- Level of study
- Any Postgraduate
- Subject area
- Classics and Ancient History, Heritage, History, History of Art, Modern Languages and Cultures, Theology and Religion, International Relations
- EU, Overseas (Non-EU), UK
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
- Closed 31/03/2019 (Note: competition closed for this year)
The British Society for Middle Eastern Studies (popularly known as BRISMES) was established in 1973 to encourage and promote the study of the Middle East in the United Kingdom.
The purpose of the scholarships is to encourage more people to pursue postgraduate studies in disciplines related to the Middle East in British universities.
Value of Award
The scholarships will be for one academic year. The value of each scholarship will be £2,000.
To qualify applicants must fulfil the following conditions:
- Be registered at any UK university.
- Be a paid-up member of BRISMES (Student membership suffices) but the time you apply.
- Submit an application of 600 - 1000 words, by e-mail to the BRISMES research committee This should include a sketch of the overall research topic, and a description of the purpose for which the grant would be used.
- Obtain a brief supporting statement from their supervisor.
How to Apply
The application form, along with full application details, can be found on the BRISMES Scholarships website.