Bursaries for IDD on-campus taught masters programmes
- Level of study
- Postgraduate taught masters
- Subject area
- International Development
- EU, UK
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
- Closed 12/06/2020 (Note: competition closed for this year)
Value of Award
In 2020-21, the International Development Department (IDD) will award up to two bursaries to UK / EU applicants to cover up to 50% of the successful applicants' tuition fees.
Selection will be based on academic merit.
How to Apply
If you wish to be considered for a bursary, please state this on your postgraduate application form and also submit:
- A covering letter outlining why you are applying and why you should be selected as a bursary recipient
- Your CV
- Two references (at least one of the referees should be able to comment on academic performance). Please note that if you already have an offer of a place on one of the International Development Department programmes, you do not need to re-send these references.
- A short essay, maximum 1500 words, on a topic of your choice related to poverty reduction, development, governance or public sector management
If you have already applied for a postgraduate course at IDD but wish to considered for the scholarship, there is no need to complete another application form. Please send your CV, a covering letter, two references and essay. Remember to clearly state your name and which course you have applied for.
Applications should be received by IDD’s postgraduate office by 12 June 2020.