China Scholarship Council 2019 PhD Scholarships Programme
- Level of study
- Doctoral research
- Subject area
- Engineering and Physical Sciences
- Overseas (Non-EU), China
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
- Closed 31/01/2019 (Note: competition closed for this year)
The College of Engineering and Physical Sciences offers up to 10 tuition fee studentships for holders of the China Scholarship Council (CSC) studentships commencing PhD programmes by 1st October 2019.
Studentships can be held in any active area of research undertaken by the College of Engineering and Physical Sciences. Please see our postgraduate doctoral research page for information on research areas with available PhD programmes.
Value of Award
- Full payment of tuition fees at overseas fee level in 2019/20, to be paid by the University;
- The tenure of the award can be for up to three years.
- be a Chinese national
- be eligible and apply to the China Scholarship Council
- be classed as an overseas student for University of Birmingham fee purposes
- be able to begin the PhD study on 1 October 2019
- contact potential research supervisors to discuss research proposal
How to Apply
- Applicants should read the Application Guidance Notes before applying for their PhD programme.
- Applicants must apply online for a place to study at the University of Birmingham. The online application form for each PhD programme can be found through the programme's webpage.
- Important: State in the Funding Information section of the application form that you would like to apply for "Studentships paired with China Scholarship Council studentship".
- Applications should include:
- transcript of marks obtained on your undergraduate degree
- transcript of marks obtained on your master's degree (if applicable)
- two references or the names of two referees
- a project proposal
- a CV
- a Statement of Purpose explaining why you are a good applicant for this studentship and your interest in your chosen research area