Ironbridge Institute - John Pagett Bursary
- Level of study
- Doctoral research, Postgraduate research masters
- Subject area
- Archaeology, Heritage, History
- EU, Overseas (Non-EU), UK
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
- Closed 30/06/2020 (Note: competition closed for this year)
Thanks to a generous bequest from John Pagett, a man intensely interested in the natural history and archaeology of Shropshire and the West Midlands, we are able to offer an annual award of £4,000 to part-fund postgraduate research in this area at the University of Birmingham.
For further details about this scholarship, please visit the Ironbridge website.
Value of Award
To apply for the award, you must:
- Intend to carry out historical, archaeological or natural history research on Shropshire or the immediate region
- Register (or be registered) for a postgraduate research degree at the University of Birmingham
How to Apply
The fund is administered by the Trustees of the Pagett Fund, to whom applicants must apply in writing by 30 June. Please submit a non-technical 1000-word description of their proposed research topic to Dr Roger White at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Successful applicants will also be required to present a paper on their research on a mutually convenient date.