- Level of study
- Postgraduate taught masters
- Subject area
- Computer Science
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
- Closed 16/08/2021 (Note: competition closed for this year)
The School of Computer Science, University of Birmingham is thrilled to announce four scholarships, generously funded by DeepMind, that are open to applicants currently holding either a conditional offer or unconditional offer for the MSc Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
The University of Birmingham, with support from DeepMind, is committed to increasing accessibility to and enhancing diversity of underrepresented groups in computer science.
Our MSc Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning is a fantastic opportunity for students with a passion and interest in AI to pursue an exciting and rewarding career. AI systems are becoming ever-more embedded in our lives, and ensuring diversity in expertise is essential to make sure they are fair for our entire society. This scholarship will enable talented students to take the next step towards fulfilling their ambitions of a career in some of the most innovative and sought-after areas of industry and research
Value of Award
DeepMind Scholarships are worth approximately £28,685. The value of the scholarship is applied against UK tuition fees, a maintenance grant of £15,285 (to use for living costs) paid in instalments over the duration of the course, funding of up to £2,000 to attend an international conference in the field of AI and/or Machine Learning during the course as well as £1,500 towards purchase of essential equipment (suitable laptop etc.).
Applicants wishing to apply for the scholarship should meet one OR both of the following criteria:
- Identify as female OR Identify as Black African, Black Caribbean or other Black ethnicity.
Applicants must also:
- Be able to demonstrate that they would not be able to take up the offer of admission without financial assistance.
- Have already received a conditional/unconditional offer to study the MSc Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning at the University of Birmingham; and
- Be ordinarily resident in the UK and would be classified as UK for fee paying purposes.
How to Apply
Applications are now being accepted through our online form. Please only make an application once you have received a conditional/unconditional offer, as we cannot consider you until you hold one.
The deadline for applying is 16 August 2021.
Applications will be considered by a selection panel at the School of Computer Science throughout August 2021 based on the following criteria:
- Already holding a conditional or unconditional offer for the MSc Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
- Meeting the eligibility categories.
- Providing additional supporting documentation and evidence (if required).
Successful recipients will be selected on the basis of:
- Content of application.
- Confirmation of eligibility (as specified in criteria and supported by any required evidence).
The DeepMind scholarship offer may be 'conditional' until academic offer conditions are met (provision of academic results, outstanding offer conditions, etc.).
Postgraduate Taught Admissions