- Level of study
- Postgraduate taught masters
- Subject area
- Computer Science
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
- Closes 30/06/2021
The School of Computer Science, University of Birmingham is thrilled to announce four scholarships, generously funded by DeepMind, that are open to applicants currently holding either a conditional offer or unconditional offer for the MSc Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
The University of Birmingham, with support from DeepMind, is committed to increasing accessibility to and enhancing diversity of underrepresented groups in computer science.
Our MSc Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning is a fantastic opportunity for students with a passion and interest in AI to pursue an exciting and rewarding career. AI systems are becoming ever-more embedded in our lives, and ensuring diversity in expertise is essential to make sure they are fair for our entire society. This scholarship will enable talented students to take the next step towards fulfilling their ambitions of a career in some of the most innovative and sought-after areas of industry and research
Value of Award
DeepMind Scholarships are worth approximately £28,685. The value of the scholarship is applied against UK tuition fees, a maintenance grant of £15,285 (to use for living costs) paid in instalments over the duration of the course, funding of up to £2,000 to attend an international conference in the field of AI and/or Machine Learning during the course as well as £1,500 towards purchase of essential equipment (suitable laptop etc.).
Applicants wishing to apply for the scholarship should meet one OR both of the following criteria:
- Identify as female OR Identify as Black African, Black Caribbean or other Black ethnicity.
Applicants must also:
- Be able to demonstrate that they would not be able to take up the offer of admission without financial assistance.
- Have already received a conditional/unconditional offer to study the MSc Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning at the University of Birmingham; and
- Be ordinarily resident in the UK and would be classified as UK for fee paying purposes.
How to Apply
Applications are now being accepted through our online form. In order to proceed, we will require you to email three months' worth of bank statements (for any accounts held) to: firstname.lastname@example.org, following submission of your application. Please include your full name and student ID number so that we may attach them to your application.
The deadline for applying is 30 June 2021.
Applications will be considered by a selection panel at the School of Computer Science throughout July 2021 based on the following criteria:
- Already holding a conditional or unconditional offer for the MSc Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
- Meeting the eligibility categories.
- Providing additional supporting documentation and evidence (if required).
Successful recipients will be selected on the basis of:
- Content of application.
- Confirmation of eligibility (as specified in criteria and supported by any required evidence).
The DeepMind scholarship offer may be 'conditional' until academic offer conditions are met (provision of academic results, outstanding offer conditions, etc.).
You will be notified of the outcome by 30 July 2021.
Postgraduate Taught Admissions