Economic History Society Research Fund
- Level of study
- Doctoral research, Postgraduate research masters, Postgraduate taught masters
- Subject area
- History, Economic Development and Regeneration, Economics, Social Studies
- EU, Overseas (Non-EU), UK
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
- Closed 01/05/2021 (Note: competition closed for this year)
The Economic History Society will consider applications for grants to assist postgraduate students (Master's Degree and PhD) in United Kingdom colleges and universities with travel and accommodation expenses (not subsistence, i.e. food and drink, purchase of equipment, books and other materials,* fees/licences/rights* or conference attendance costs) incurred in the undertaking of research into any aspect of economic and /or social history. Please note that no award will be made for the purchase of equipment, books and other materials or to fund conference attendance.
* Applicants may purchase books/fees/licences/rights, with any grant awarded, for the duration of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Value of Award
Up to £1,000.
Postgraduate students (Master's Degree and PhD) in United Kingdom colleges and universities.
Applicants must be members of the Economic History Society.
How to Apply
Full details of the application process can be found on the Economic History Society website.
Closing dates for applications are on the first day of May and November. Applicants will usually be informed of the outcome of their application within 6-8 weeks of the deadline date for applications.