Hudswell International Research Scholarship (IET)
- Level of study
- Doctoral research
- Subject area
- Electronic, Electrical and Systems Engineering
- EU, Overseas (Non-EU), UK
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
- Closed 02/04/2020 (Note: competition closed for this year)
For PhD or EngD researchers in their first or second year of research, to encourage excellence in engineering and technology research, with a preference for electrical, electronic or manufacturing engineering.
The aim of the award is to encourage excellence in engineering and technology research, with a preference for electrical, electronic or manufacturing engineering.
Value of Award
One award of £5,000.
- Postgraduate awards are for members of the Institution of Engineering and Technology and are open to the following categories of IET membership: Student, TMIET, MIET and FIET. Associate and lapsed members are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants must have been a member of the IET for at least one year by the closing date for applications.
- Applicants do not need to be professionally registered engineers. However, applicants are expected to satisfy the educational requirements for Registration as either a Chartered or Incorporated Engineer.
- Applicants need to have started their PhD or EngD research programme by the closing date for applications and achieved at least a 2:1 (or equivalent) in their first degree. MSc courses and MRes degrees are not eligible.
- The scholarship maybe held in addition to a Student Loan, research grant, company bursaries or similar. However, candidates may not be in receipt of any other IET Scholarship or Grant.
- A reference will need to be sent independently by the referee.
- Awarded on a competitive basis, applications are assessed by the Scholarships Committee.
- The Committee will consider applicants for all postgraduate awards for which they meet the eligibility requirements.
- Successful applicants may only receive an IET Postgraduate Scholarship or Prize during their PhD research.
How to Apply
Application details are available on the Institution of Engineering and Technology website.