Kalisher Trust LLM Scholarship
- Level of study
- Postgraduate taught masters
- Subject area
- Ireland, UK
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
- Closed 24/05/2021 (Note: competition closed for this year)
The University of Birmingham is offering a scholarship for students on the LLM Criminal Law and Criminal Justice pathway or the LLM (General) pathway. This scholarship will cover the cost of tuition fees and provide a generous contribution of £6,000 towards maintenance costs. This scholarship is being funded by the Kalisher Trust and Birmingham Law School. As well as meeting the academic entry requirements of the Birmingham LLM programme, applicants for this scholarship must also meet the eligibility criteria.
Before applying for a scholarship, you must have completed an application to study an LLM course at the University of Birmingham. You should apply through your chosen LLM pathway course page and select: Apply for this course.
Value of Award
Full tuition payment and £6,000 towards maintenance costs.
To be eligible for this award:
- You must be resident in the UK and classed as UK/Ireland for fee purposes
- You must demonstrate intellectual ability – through academic performance, employment, and/or other experiences.
- You must demonstrate motivation to succeed at the Criminal Bar – including demonstrating the steps taken to acquire the personal skills required of a Barrister and a demonstration of the will to succeed.
- You must demonstrate potential as an advocate – both in oral and written skills
- You must demonstrate financial need, specifically outlining the impact of the scholarship on your aspirations to undertake the LLM programme or to pursue a career at the Bar.
- You must be self-funded, and not be in receipt of any other sources of funding
- The award is for 1 year only and cannot be deferred
- You must have applied for a place on our LLM General pathway with the intention of completing the LLM General or the LLM Criminal Law and Criminal Justice before applying for the scholarship.
Closing date for applications is no later than 5pm BST on Monday 24 May 2021.
Please do not apply unless you have applied for the Birmingham LLM as your application won't be considered.
How to Apply
Applicants are required to submit an application form which includes an 800 word statement asking to be considered for the scholarship and explaining why they believe they meet the selection criteria below. Applicants should complete the Kalisher Trust LLM Scholarship Application form and submit this and a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org stating "Kalisher Trust LLM Scholarship Application" and your student ID number in the email subject. Those shortlisted for the scholarship may be invited for interview.
Download the application form