- Level of study
- Any Postgraduate
- Subject area
- Arts and Law, Engineering and Physical Sciences, Life and Environmental Sciences, Medical and Dental Sciences, Social Sciences
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
- None. Open all year.
Provided by the Kennedy Memorial Trust, this scheme offers generous funding to enable British graduates the chance to undertake further study in the USA at either Harvard or MIT.
Value of Award
This award gives graduates the opportunity to undertake postgraduate study at Harvard University and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), offering the following:
- Stipend of $26,000
- Generous contribution towards return transatlantic flights
- An additional travel grant of $2,500
Those applying for awards must be all of the following:
- British citizens at the time of application;
- ordinarily resident in the UK;
- wholly or mainly educated in the UK.
Applications cannot be accepted from those already in the United States. Awards will not be made to postdoctoral candidates wishing to pursue further research in their own field.
Marriage is not a bar to the award of a Scholarship, but there is no extra funding for a spouse.
How to Apply
Applications open in August and close in late October for the following academic year. Applications for 2018-2019 have now closed. You can apply online at www.kennedytrust.org.uk where a prospectus will provide further information.
Kennedy Memorial Trust
+44 (0)20 7222 1151