Lady Meherbai D. Tata Education Trust Scholarships
- Level of study
- Any Postgraduate
- Subject area
- Health and Population Sciences, Education, International Development, Social Studies, Social Work
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
- Closed 15/04/2020 (Note: competition closed for this year)
The Lady Meherbai D. Tata Education Trust awards scholarships to Indian women graduates from recognised Indian universities who wish to pursue higher education abroad.
The Trust invites applications for the following fields of study:
- Social work
- Social Science
- Education and Welfare of Children with Special Needs
- Gender Studies - Violence against women and children, including domestic violence
- Child Health, Development and Nutrition
- Needs of adolescents
- Health Policy and Health Education
- Public Health – Community Health Services, Reproductive Health
- Rural Development Work (with a focus on women and children)
- Communication for Development (with a focus on women’s issues)
- Development Studies
- Research and study of social norms in communities
Value of Award
The value of the award is determined during an interview conducted by the Trust office up to the value of RS.6.00 LAKHS INR (600,000 INR) and depends on personal circumstances.
- Indian women graduates from a recognised Indian University.
- Have a consistently remarkable academic record.
- Must have applied for admission / secured admission to reputed accredited universities or institutions in the United States, UK or Europe.
- Work experience of a minimum of 2 years in the requisite fields is perferred.
- Candidates selected for this scholarship will have to show proof of at least 50% (half) funding.
Please note: Candidates applying for part-time, short term or correspondence (distance learning) courses are not eligible to apply.
How to Apply
The application form is available on request. For further details please visit the TATA Trusts website.