Leslie H Paddle Scholarship
- Level of study
- Doctoral research
- Subject area
- Electronic, Electrical and Systems Engineering
- EU, Overseas (Non-EU), UK
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
- Closed 01/04/2021 (Note: competition closed for this year)
For PhD or EngD researchers in any year of their research programme, to encourage excellence in engineering and technology research, with a preference for electrical, electronic or manufacturing engineering. The aim of the award is encourage excellence in engineering and technology research, with a preference for electrical, electronic or manufacturing engineering.
Value of Award
One award of £5,000 (tenable for a period of one year).
- Postgraduate awards are for members of the Institution of Engineering and Technology, who have been an IET member for at least one year by the closing date for applications (Student, Member and Fellow categories can apply).
- Applicants do not need to be professionally registered engineers. However, applicants are expected to satisfy the educational requirements for Registration as either a Chartered or Incorporated Engineer.
- Applicants need to have started their PhD or EngD research programme by the closing date for applications and achieved at least a 2:1 (or equivalent) in their first degree. MSc courses and MRes degrees are not eligible.
- The scholarship maybe held in addition to a Student Loan, research grant, company bursaries or similar. However, candidates may not be in receipt of any other IET Scholarship or Grant.
- A reference will need to be sent independently by the referee.
- Awarded on a competitive basis, applications are assessed by the Scholarships Committee.
- The Committee will consider applicants for all postgraduate awards for which they meet the eligibility requirements.
- Successful applicants may only receive an IET Postgraduate Scholarship or Prize during their PhD research.
How to Apply
Applications can be made through the Institution of Engineering and Technology website.