The Alice McCosh Trust
- Level of study
- Any Postgraduate
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
- Closes 30/11/2020
The object of the Alice McCosh Trust is to advance education by providing or assisting with grants for work or study related to natural history and/or the environment. Grants could be used, for example, to cover the cost of fieldwork undertaken as part of a research project, or the costs of producing materials that enhance knowledge and understanding of natural history and the environment, or that encourage people to engage with the environment and take action to protect it.
Value of Award
The Trust awards one-off grants in the region £1000.
- Applicants of any age undertaking work or study related to natural history and/or the environment may apply.
- Applicants can be any nationality but preference will be given to individuals from (or work relating to) Scotland, England and Turkey.
- Applicants must begin their work within 12 months of receiving the award.
- Projects involving joining an existing commercial organisation on a pre-paid tour or expedition will not be considered.
- Requests for funding for taught degrees (including Masters degrees) will not be considered.
How to Apply
Applicants should download and complete an application form from the Alice McCosh Trust website.
Applications should be emailed to the Trust Secretary between 1 October and 30 November each year. (Applications received at other times, or sent by post, will not be considered.)