The Douglas Bomford Trust
- Level of study
- Doctoral research, Postgraduate research masters
- Subject area
- Engineering and Physical Sciences, Life and Environmental Sciences
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
- None. Open all year.
The overall objective of the Trust is to advance knowledge, understanding, practice, competence and capability in the application of engineering and physical science to agriculture, horticulture, forestry, amenity and allied land based and biological activities for the sustainable benefit of the environment and mankind.
The Trust provides funding to enable competent individuals and organisations to pursue:
- Education, training, research and knowledge transfer.
- Innovation and the application of science and technology with respect to the design, development, evaluation and construction of machines, systems and techniques.
- Travel to acquire or disseminate knowledge.
- The development and maintenance of professional competencies.
- The development or acquisition of new skills, techniques and capabilities.
Value of Award
To be eligible, individuals must:
- Demonstrate a long-term commitment to the areas of concern to the Trust.
- Demonstrate that all appropriate sources of funding are being pursued.
- Indicate the benefits or outcomes that Trust funding will achieve both personally, and towards the overall objectives of the Trust.
- Demonstrate the ability and intention to achieve those outcomes.
- Have some connection with the United Kingdom through nationality, residency, or place of learning/registration.
Owing to the high level of applications currently being received relative to the funding available, only those proposals that comply directly with the Trust's objectives will be considered or acknowledged.
How to Apply
The application form is available via the Douglas Bomford Trust website.
Applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
There are two closing dates for submissions 1 March and 1 October each year. Applicants are informed of the outcome before end of May and November respectively.