University of Birmingham Commonwealth Scholarship
- Level of study
- Postgraduate taught masters
- Subject area
- Arts and Law, Engineering and Physical Sciences, Life and Environmental Sciences, Medical and Dental Sciences, Education, European Studies, Health Services Management, International Development, International Relations, Local Government Studies, Planning, Political Science, Russian and East European Studies, Social Studies, Social Work, Sociology, Teacher Training, Urban and Regional Studies
- Cyprus, Malta, Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, Bahamas, The, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belize, Botswana, Brunei, Cameroon, Canada, Dominica, Fiji, Gambia, The, Ghana, Grenada, Guyana, India, Jamaica, Kenya, Kiribati, Lesotho, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, New Zealand, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Rwanda, Saint Lucia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Swaziland, Tanzania, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tuvalu, Uganda, Vanuatu
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
- Closed 01/07/2021 (Note: competition closed for this year)
In celebration of the University’s proud status as a partner sponsor of the 2022 Commonwealth Games, we are offering an unprecedented Masters scholarship for international students, to ensure that concerns about finance do not present a barrier to students from Commonwealth countries considering study at the University.
Value of Award
£3,000 per scholarship.
In order to be eligible, candidates must meet the following requirements. You must:
- Have applied for, and receive an offer of admission for, a taught Masters degree at the University of Birmingham UK campus, to study in the 2021/22 academic year.
- Be classed as ‘domiciled’ in one of the Commonwealth countries. Please see the list below.
- Be classed by the University as an overseas fee payer for tuition fee purposes.
- Start your studies at the University in September/ October 2021 on a course delivered on-campus.
Please note: students applying for programmes in the Birmingham Business School are not eligible for this scholarship but are eligible for other scholarships offered by the Business School.
How to Apply
This scholarship will be automatically offered to applicants who meet the criteria outlined above.
To accept the scholarship you will need to formally accept the offer you receive from the University’s Admissions Office, by the deadline stated on your offer. You can do this via the postgraduate portal.
To fully secure the scholarship, you will also be required to pay the standard £2,000 (GBP) admissions deposit by the deadline set by the Admissions Office.