The University Graduate School runs regular events in association with Careers Network that are specifically aimed at postgraduate researchers. We know that building up your network and being able to meet people interested in the same area as you is important both to your research and career.
Our careers events and networking are free to attend and open to all postgraduate researchers. Events in the past few years have included:
- Leadership for academia: Ask the Vice-Chancellor
- Life after postgraduate study: careers conference for Arts & Law postgraduate students
- What businesses want from Doctoral Researchers
- Developing the critical balance for career success
- PhD What Next? Careers workshops – with relevant industrial representatives and subject area specific experts.
Our extensive links with major employers mean that you have access to the most up-to-date information to enhance your employment prospects and network with those in your field of research.
We also run The Talent Pool, a unique, intensive training programme developed by the University of Birmingham to support research students in developing key enterprise skills in the summer months, working with internal or external organisations.