- You must be a UK or EU national (or have settled status) and been ordinarily resident in Scotland for three years on the first day of the first academic year of your degree programme;
- You must be 'ordinarily resident' in Scotland (temporary absence from your home address, such as for education or travelling, will not prevent you from being eligible to apply for a PGL).
- To be eligible for the living-cost part of the loan, you must also be studying a full-time course and be under the age of 60 on the first day of the first academic year of your course.
For more infomation and clarity on residence eligibility, see SAAS residence eligibility rules.
You will not be eligible for PGL if:
- You already have an equivalent or higher qualification (which includes undergraduate integrated Masters qualifications, such as MSci or MEng etc)
- You have outstanding loan arrears or have previously been found to be 'unfit for student support' (eg because of attempted fraud).
- You will not be eligible for the living-cost part of the loan if you are studying part-time.