In addition to the training and support offered by the University, there are a number of online and external training provisions which are designed to support researchers.
- Teaching experience – The Brilliant Club is an award-winning charity which connects researchers and schools.*
- Project Management – PRINCE2 offer a range of accredited project management courses.
- Cancer Treatment – Science Communicated Ltd delivers interactive teaching on the biology of cancer and the mechanism of action of cancer treatments.
- Media Skills Training – The Royal Society offers a one-day course in media training.
- The Institute of Clinical Research offers training courses on a wide range of topics, including data management, general research governance and line management.
- The Clinical Research Network provides a variety of free training events and workshops focused on developing and delivering clinical research. These include ‘Trial Coordinator Masterclass’ and ‘Essentials for new Principal Investigators in Research’.*
- The University of Bristol run a number of short courses such as ‘Introduction to Research Governance’, ‘Introduction to Qualitative Methods’, and ‘Introduction to Randomised Controlled Trials’.
Free Online Training
- Coding – Code Academy offers free online training to help develop coding skills.
- Data Management – The Digital Curation Centre has resources to help with data management skills.
- Good Clinical Practice – The NIHR website features a range of online courses focusing on Good Clinical Practice.
- Patient and Public Involvement – NIHR Involve provides a wide range of information and training materials for PPI.
- Impact – Fast Track Impact offers resources and training to help improve the impact of your research.
If you have recently attended any external training which you feel would be a worthy addition to this list, please email email@example.com, with further details.