Getting started with command line Linux can be a daunting task for some. We're now running a new course called Introduction to Linux which is designed to get you up and running. The course is aimed at both research staff and research students to help you get the most out of BlueBEAR. Using command line Linux is essential when working with the BlueBEAR service.
Future workshops will be listed on our training page.
You can see a recording of a previous course in Canvas - https://canvas.bham.ac.uk/enroll/TRPBDB
View the slides for the course here : Intro to Linux PDF
Introduction to Linux Canvas course
Who is it for?
- Both research staff and students
- No experience necessary - those with an interest in getting started with using command line Linux
Summary of the topics covered
- Basics of logging in to remote systems and using graphical applications
- Command line basics such as file moving, deleting
- Linux file permissions
- Basic file editing from Linux
There are no prerequisites for this course, however you will need to have an active BEAR Linux account prior to the course. Full details will be provided when we confirm you registration on the course.
Remember - you must book a place on the course!