Catalyst funding for pump-priming projects is available to support collaborations between Network members in bacterial vaccinology to explore new approaches and strategies to advance their vaccines in partnership with LMICs and industry, and acquire the data to support substantive funding applications.
The catalyst funds are flexible, typically up to £50,000 and expect to provide deliverables within 6 months post-award. The BactiVac Network will be able to provide additional advice as to where to access follow-on funding and how to progress the project.
This catalyst funding scheme will be run up to August 2022 with calls for proposals prioritising projects that:
- Facilitate onward progression of bacterial vaccines along the pipeline to licensure
- Offer robust solutions to overcome the difficult preclinical to clinical transition
- Advance the ability to tackle the global challenge of antimicrobial resistance (AMR)
- Involve BactiVac partnerships, particularly new partnerships, with a long-term work plan
- Include LMICs and/or industrial partners
- Demonstrate a clear pathway to impact
- Have realistic plans in place to demonstrate intellectual property (IP) has been considered
- Include plans for achieving further substantive funding at the end of the project
How to apply
Applicants will need to be members of the Network to be eligible to apply. The allocation of funding will be decided by the Network Management Oversight Board (PDF 501KB).
Follow us @BactiVac using the hashtag #BactiVacFunding. You can also download BactiVac Catalyst Funding flyer to circulate and/or display within your organisation.
Pump-priming projects supported in previous rounds of funding are highlighted in 'Funded Work'.
Round 5: NOW OPEN
- Applications opened: 11 January 2021
- Submission deadline: 16 May 2021 (23.59 hours UK time)
- Notification of funding: by 24 September 2021
- Funding available: from 01 October 2021
- Projects must start: by 01 November 2021
- Projects must complete: by 30 April 2022
Download the Pump-Priming Projects Application Form
Read the Pump-Priming Projects Guidance Notes
Read the FAQ Guide for Pump-Priming Projects
Read the Standard BactiVac Terms and Conditions*
Read the Standard BactiVac DHSC Terms*
* Both these Terms may apply.